α-amylase is a widely used and tested enzyme within the detergent-, textile-, biotech-, paper and pulp industries as well as in university research and hospitals. Phadebas® Amylase Test products are used in several of these areas as an accurate tool for quality control. In addition, many suppliers of enzymes for this area of use also perform quality control using Phadebas Amylase Test.
Some of the Phadebas® uses are further described under the links below;
- Amylase activity in Detergents
- Amylase in Biotech (e.g., bacterial excretion of amylase)
- Amylase in Dentistry applications
- Reagent for the clinical diagnosis of pancreatitis
- Amylase activity in Textiles
- Specialty chemicals